Are you a creative individual who loves the inner workings of photo taking and making? Are you organized yet free-spirited, eager to learn but also unafraid to contribute new ideas? My available internship may be just for you!
I need a creative photo intern to help with:
- photo editing through Adobe Photoshop, including color correcting, lighting adjustment, and blemish removal;
- assisting me on client photo shoots, which could include holding light reflectors, helping set up equipment, photo styling, and making sure the shot list is fully completed;
- organizing and developing a backup plan for photo files;
- coordinating photo printing;
- and brainstorming creative visual concepts for my brand marketing and client assignments.
What are the qualifications?
To be considered for this position, please have:
- your own laptop, with Adobe Photoshop downloaded. Owning a Wacom tablet or similar device is a big plus, but not a requirement;
- a strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop– an advanced beginner or intermediate is OK;
- comfortability with Mac interfaces, Google Drive, and Dropbox;
- a strong creative eye and self-assured aesthetic. Essentially this means that you know what looks good and what you find appealing. I highly value confidently expressed opinions!
- a strong interest in photography– being familiar with terms and concepts like shutter speed, aperture and f-stops, ISO, and rule of thirds is a big plus;
- strong organizational skills;
- and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
What's the time commitment?
Four to five hours a week for at least three months. You can choose to work Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and/or Sundays.
What's the compensation?
A $25 weekly travel and meal stipend.
How can someone apply?
To apply, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3, 2017 with your resume and a few sentences explaining why you’d be a great fit for the role. Please also include examples of your creative eye– this could be an online portfolio of original work, an Instagram profile, or a curated Tumblr page.
Who am I?
I’m a Bronx-based creative storyteller, digital marketer, copywriter and photographer. I work with business, non-profit organizations, and freelance artists to tell their brand stories in impactful ways. Learn more about me here.